Wood Industry Cluster
The Institute is a non-profit organization founded in 1999 by 17 woodworking companies and two institutions, as a Wood Industry Development Centre. In 2003, the Institute was renamed the Wood Industry Cluster.
The Wood Industry Cluster comprises a third of employees in forestry and wood-processing industry and the most important research institutions in Slovenia.
We work together on various projects, which are chosen according to the needs of individual companies. The common goal of all these activities is to strengthen the competitiveness of the cluster members.
The Wood Industry Cluster has been operating together with the Association of the Wood and Furniture Industry at the Slovenian Chamber of Commerce and Industry since 2007. The Association deals with the industry policy and coordinates its members’ interests with a wider environment. The Wood Industry Cluster, however, gives operational support to its members, helping them to achieve their goals, mostly by the implementation of projects, integration and internationalization.
The main areas of work of the Wood Industry Cluster are:
- – Integration into R & D projects and implementation of business development activities
- – Support for training of companies
- – Support for the internationalization of companies
- – Strengthening the sectoral support network and transferring knowledge to companies
- – Support to the activities of the Wood Processing Association at CCIS